The Ultimate Wedding Planning ChecklistAugust 29, 2018
As exhilarating as it can be, planning a wedding can also be pretty overwhelming, given the many tasks to take care of and details to arrange. However, things can go smoothly if you give yourself enough time to plan and sort the tasks month by month into manageable chunks. Here, we created the ultimate wedding planning checklist to help you plan the perfect celebration:
12+ Months Before
- Have your engagement ring insured and consider purchasing wedding insurance.
- Choose at least three prospective dates.
- Consider your ceremony and reception venue options.
- Start lining up your wedding party, including the maid of honour, best man, bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girl and ring bearer.
- List down your prospective team of wedding pros, including the wedding planner, photographer, videographer, caterer, florist and musicians.
10-11 Months Before
- Reserve your ceremony and reception venues.
- Shop for the bride’s and groom’s wedding attire.
- Choose bridal party attire and accessories.
- Send out your Save the Dates.
- Organise a fitness and skincare or beauty routine.
- Hire your selected team of wedding pros.
8-9 Months Before
- Choose at least three prospective hotels with different price points for out-of-town guests.
- Start organising your wedding invitations designs and the coordinating stationery.
- Start planning your honeymoon.
6-7 Months Before
- Browse for the bride’s wedding day hair and makeup styles.
- Choose cake style and schedule tastings.
- Reserve rentals including the decor, linens, chairs, lighting, etc.
- Hire ceremony musicians
4-5 Months Before
- Order your wedding cake.
- Finalise your wedding guest list.
- Schedule dress fittings for your wedding party.
3 Months Before
- Plan the ceremony and reception seating.
- Finalise the reception menu.
- Order or start making your own menu cards and wedding favours.
- Ensure all documents are in order and finalise your honeymoon plans.
2 Months Before
- Write your wedding vows.
- Review the ceremony details with the officiant.
- Apply for marriage license.
- Finalise your playlists, seating arrangements and fittings for the wedding party.
- Send out your wedding invites.
1 Month Before
- Confirm date, times and location with vendors.
- Order wedding programmes.
- Confirm your honeymoon reservations.
2 Weeks Before
- Send playlists to the DJ/band/ceremony musicians.
- Chase for guests who have not RSVP’d yet.
- Provide the final headcount to the caterer.
1 Week Before
- Lay out your image and video requests to the photographer and videographer.
- Provide vendors and suppliers with the final payments.
The Day Before
- Get a complete beauty treatment.
- Attend your wedding rehearsal.
- Get sufficient sleep and rest.
- Grab a good breakfast and allow yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Relax, smile and soak in every moment.
- Say ‘I do.’
We, at The Nottinghamshire, understand how much you’d want for your wedding day to be as remarkable as possible. Our perfect team of dedicated wedding planners along with the different wedding packages we offer can help you achieve what your heart desires. For more information, give us a call on 0115 933 3344 or email us at email@example.com.View All Articles